Ok gents just got back and ensured the chronology was accurate. I must have a slow barrel. I even tried two types of Barnes 255gr Bullets, the one designed for the 375 and the one for the 38/55 which seats much deeper. As you can see from the target, there was no difference in Point of impact with the full load of 33gr RL-7 OR using Star Line and Jamison brass. Velocity hovered around the 1870 mark. Initial three shot group are the ones with the connecting lines and a clean barrel. The three on target were after scope correction. Same for the 200 SierrasThe Buffalo Bore clocked at 1950, but horrible accuracy and way up and left.

The 200 gr Sierras (left target) with again a full book load of 35gr RL-7, barely broke 2,000 fps, but the nice thing is they were very accurate and printed about 2.5" higher than the 255s which as you can see, were smack on the bullseye. I guess I will accept the lower speeds and take the accuracy . This rifle will be used for hogs and deer down here. Once I get to our place in PA, I'll play with them at 200 yards. Again this is out of a Marlin 375. Oddly enough and goes to show you every rifle is different, my 94 Big bore, sighted in at 50 yards with the Sierras, prints dead on the bull but the 255s about 4" LOWER.

Let me know what you think

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”