Originally Posted by jimy
I've heard so much of the barrel burning bullsh~t, if a man just uses his head, its never going to be an issue, I'll go so far as to say, there are better choices for prairie dog rifles, but for just about everything else on the earth, they are my first choice !

I don't think it was all bulls**t but no one can be held responsible for how someone else mistreats their rifle. I too have a 700 Ltd Classic in 264 Win Mag. Shot some antelope and deer with it, no magic just hit them where they live and they die that simple, doesn't do anything better than my 270 Wins, 7mm Rem Mag or 270 Wthby Mag. I am going to be retired by this falls hunting season so I'll dig it out of the safe and work up some loads using some original 2 diameter WW power points and RP 2 diameter Corelokts in the 140 gr weight. I'll use some H570 and an old lot of IMR 7828 to search for accuracy and 3100 fps+. With no work schedule I'll hunt antelope as long as I want or it takes for the 264 Wn Mag "grail kill", you know where you run the magic bullet perfectly perpendicular to the antelopes nostrils apprx 1-2 " away and it's passing sucks all the air out of their lungs collapsing them for an instaneous no meat loss kill. Back in the 60's that's what the turds from the advertising dept. of WW maintained or was it packs a lot of muzzle blast and wallop.? But maybe I'm not up to that and will just have to dbl lung them like all the other times. MB

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 04/17/20.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "