Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Originally Posted by Valsdad
See the guy seated on the right of the pic with the hat and the aviators on. That's me almost 50 years ago. Just out of high school. About a 2-3 day growth on that camping trip.

Do you understand why I gave up shaving completely in 1979-80? Haven't seen my chin since. Beard gets trimmed back to around 2" long a few times a year.

Shaving in the morning for work, then again if I had a date that night just got on my nerves, and it itched worse if I just went with the scraggly look. So, full beard it's been since then.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Geno

PS, I was so cool, I was wearing aviators before Ray-Bans were cool!
PPS guy next to me in the plaid shirt.........still in contact with him, just texted a week or so back. Go on long hikes, road trips, and climb Mt Rainer with a guy and you tend to stay in touch.

That's camping in style...

Only thing I am wondering about is the Jiffy-pop looking hat to your right...

Can you make out the Chevy Station Wagon parked behind me and my buddy. Parked 90 degrees to the truck and camper. Always windy there so we made a windbreak.

That's Mrs H with her hair in a hair net thingie, to keep it from blowing all over the place. Mr H was our advisor, the Mrs liked to come along on our car camping trips, but not on our hikes. Mr H was doing backpacking trips into the Sierras to fish well into his 60s.

Geno

Ah, that explains the total absence of facial hair..
Didn't see the SW, but I did notice the pickup under the camper..a classic

And the "Champagne of Beers" in front of you...

Where's the High Life? I see Hamms and Coors.

MAGA