Originally Posted by ar15a292f
I understand the brass availability issue, but in the age of ordering brass on line I don't think that it's as big an issues as it may have been in the past. Another point in favor of the Weatherby is while it doesn't matter when hunting in the United States, when hunting overseas, other countries customs people may want the ammunition head stamps to match the markings on the rifle barrel. No I agree that the cost issue between 7mm Weatherby brass and 300 Winchester brass is real, but considering the cost of assembling a custom chambered wildcat rifle it's a bit of a reach for my sense of logic but it is a rifle looney thing.

You aren't wrong at all with any of your points and if you are concerned with any of them a standard Wby is pretty much your man.

Some of the best Mashburns out there are rechambered 7 Rem Mag's to be honest. For a 100 bucks (to rechamber) and a set of dies you are into a Mashburn. The Mashburn gets speed from maximized case space while the Weatherby dotes off of freebore. It's a pick your poison sorta deal. No wrong answers just different ways for getting up the hill.

Semper Fi