Originally Posted by johnw
My favorite lights for usability are the Princeton Tecs, But I have had multiple failures both in construction quality and electronics.

About 3 or 4 years ago I had a Princeton Tec Remix model which was one of the more useable and intuitive lights I've ever used. It was light weight and comfortable. USA made.

I actually broke the frame on my first one trying to get it out of the bomb-proof blister pack. Called the company and they promptly sent a replacement which was a really good light. For about 4 or 5 months as I recall. Then it failed electronically. I don't recall exactly what the failure was, because every time they sent a replacement it would fail in short order, in one way or another.

Honestly, the only reason I bothered with replacing the lights, instead of moving on was that they were USA made. Thought it was worth a try.
For a few months I had lights zooming back and forth regularly. I had a discussion with an engineering guy there who told me that some of their lights had reliability issues.
the last time I sent one in for replacement they sent me three of them back in hopes that one would work. And they all did for a while.

I moved on for a while and tried other makers stuff. In the back of my mind were all the years I used Petzl lights without problems.

Petzl for me. Never perfect in usability, but trouble free and reliable

I'm sure there are other good lights out there. I watch these threads and try stuff occasionally if it can be acquired without hassle.

"Chances Will Be Taken"