DeFlave: Don't give up on me just yet - I bought that Kimber 1911 Custom II with 3 magazines and two un-used "survival" type knives to help an "acquaintance" out of a financial bind.
I would not doubt that he will want to buy it back in a few months?
Personally I have suffered numerous broken bones in my right hand along with a torn loose ligament in my right thumb wrist connection then I inherited arthritis in the thumb and first two fingers of both hand (father had it one brother has the same condition!). Soooo..... long story short even though I own MANY 44 magnum revolvers and one other 1911 "I" can NOT shoot them with out much pain/discomfort at the instant of the shot (recoil).
So I won't be running any ammo through this minty Kimber 1911 and will wait a respectful amount of time and sell it (and the survival knives!).
I can shoot 40 S&W and lesser recoilers with not much discomfort at all.
Even though I am devoid of mad money, I went with another friend today way east, to a gunshop where this friend bought a new Colt 1911 Commander ($1,050.00 - no sales tax) - when I heard he was going I bummed along.
Fun trip but nothing of interest for me at that shop.
So forgive my "acquisition" of the 1911.
One of the knives I got was an EESE-3 with dual scabbard systems - its a fixed blade powder coated 4"'ish blade - I looked it up and they retail at $190.00.
The other one I have not looked up yet - oops "dinner bell" more later.
Hope all is well down Florida way.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy