I ask as an honest question. My FIL lives in Orlando, and we are there often. My wife was born and raised there, so we stay connected to Florida.

I expected COVID 19 to take a heavy toll in Florida, given the combination of aging snowbirds from NY, Ontario, and points north, along with the basic situation that parts of Florida are populated by retirees full time, and the normal NY to Miami/Dade/Broward connection. It hasn't happened.

I'm shocked The Villages hasn't been wiped out. Maybe STDs protected them? Ocala hasn't been a hot spot.

Time to open the beaches and open parts of the state, if not all of it to tourism. No reason the Panhandle can't open. Louisianna has calmed down. Largely tourists from Ga and AL hit the panhandle anyway. Numbers have gone down since re-opening here, in spite of dire predictions to the contrary.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo