Mine had hard start at about 242k and it was the IPR valve. Pain in the balls to change but fixed the problem. 230k is barely broke in for a 7.3L. Mine burned exactly 0 oil at that age. I'd run the oil 4500 miles and it would be exactly on full on the dipstick. I miss the hell out of mine. Sold it when I saw a newer shinier truck came along. 9 years later I regret the hell out of that decision. Personally. I wouldnt trust a dealership to touch your truck. 2 times in the last 2 years I've had 2 different dealerships try to rip me off on service for the wifes vehicle. One they told my wife her vehicle was unsafe to drive home because the brakes were so bad. Strange thing was I had put new ones on a couple months before. She gets home i pull some wheels and they are fine. the other tried to charge me $460 to change a $39 sensor that takes less than 5 minutes to do and has 1 10mm bolt holding it on. I asked the guy if he had to build up some courage before he gave that quote. I honestly laughed when he gave me the price. He tells me the part costs him $250. i told him I can buy them all day online for $39 in an AC Delco box. I swear on my children he asked me after that what I was willing to pay to have them do it. I told him I;d handle it myself. I cant imagine how many old grannies they rip off every day.

Last edited by k20350; 05/17/20.