Originally Posted by remingtonman
Originally Posted by arkypete
I rather like my 375 Whelen. I shoot nothing but hard cast bullets using the same loading data I found for the 35 Whelen with the same bullet weight. The rifle has never had a jacketed bullet put down the barrel

What kind of velocity are you getting with your 375 whelen? Also any kills with it?

I have no idea of the velocity, basically, a case full IMR 4064, a 265-grain cast bullet from a RCBS two-cavity mold, sized 378, using LBT lube. I hit the deer as he ran up the hill from me. The bullet smashed the spine and I'm guessing that bullet sent such a shock up his spine that he dropped right there. He was dead when got up to him. A hunting buddy used a 375 Whelen on elk in Colorado with one of my cast bullets and smashed the front shoulder and broke the leg bone on the other side. The bullet kept on trucking. If you go after larger game there is a 300-grain bullet. I'd this bullet would be equally deadly.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson