Originally Posted by Windfall
[quote=Rock Chuck]. If you want to haul deer or bears out of the woods, nothing on two wheels beats a Kohler engine Rokon.

Just a thought. I'm at 550' above sea level and elevation robs horse power and guaranteed that ID. is way higher than WI.

The wife and I dumped two Idaho bulls (a spike and small 6x6) in a clear cut, at first light, a few years back. We went back to camp and retrieved the flatbed cargo trailer with ramp and my 2005 Rokon, with the 6hp Kohler 4 stroke engine. We were able to park the pickup and trailer at the bottom of the clearcut, where the road dead ended. My rokon has a tow bar on it. Using it, and a 1/4" cable with shackle, I was able to drag those bulls down to the trailer. Granted, most of it was a slight downhill angle, with some of it being pretty much level, and it still drug both bulls to the trailer.....ungutted! After gutting the bulls, it had no problem pulling them up the ramp and onto the trailer. Elevation was relatively low for Idaho elk hunting, about 4000', and it did just fine. Both bulls were skinned and hanging in the cooler before noon! Seldom does it work that way with 1 bull, let alone 2!

I also have a bolt on side car, for it....but it requires 3' of width clearance. Getting it as close to the kill site as possible, I then pack the quarters to it (elk or deer). With some parachute cord, I tie off the quarters standing on end, or just tie off the pack frame to the side car.

One note on the side car.....it bolts to the right side of the rokon. You can take a left hand turn as fast as you want...but NOT right hand turns. That damn thing will try to crawl right on top of your head, without a load in it. The learning curve is VERY quick (as in the first right hand turn you come to). Just ask the jack russell that was sitting in it. While trying to wrestle that thing back to the ground, we were eye to eye.....probably with the same expression on our faces!

With the gearing, and 2wd, it's unbelievable what those rigs will do. I'll never sell mine.

Andy3