Johnny D - still not to late to make a trip. To be honest, the best deals on good leopard are probably in Namibia. Take a look at my thread on the two leopard my friend has routinely hitting baits there. Really hard to find a deal like that and that is his normal price even before the the WuFlu shutdown. I'd have to steer you away from Namibia on buffalo as they are pricey there. My friend in Botswana and his business partner did win two concessions in Botswana with elephant quota on both and one has two leopard permits and two buffalo permits. There prices are about middle of the road.

However, what I could help you put together is a kick'n 7-days of PG hunting and then a 7-10 days tour of Botswana with a few days in Vic Falls for both you and your lovely wife and if you'd like, I'll tag along and be your private guide and driver - all my expenses out of my own pocket.

PintoG - Current PAC regs in Botswana are the same across the board. Can ONLY be hunted by Botswana PH's/citizens with a valid "reason" and under a permit and not exportable under any conditions. Outfitters/PH's are prohibited from even advertising any/all PAC hunts. He says that the Govt plans to keep PAC hunts that way at least for the foreseeable future. There were a LOT of issues with PAC hunts in the past.

From what I've gathered from Gerhard, the leopard numbers have always been high in most of Bots. That was one reason he was able to put his client on so many in such a short period of time. I believe the number did increase a bit when the trophy hunting ban was put on, but then the farmers/ranchers just started shooting them to protect cattle and small stock (goats/sheep). They no longer had any monetary value and therefore were a detriment to their operations and just another "pest".