Originally Posted by jdollar
I was standing in the back of the Cruiser with my PH as we followed the Bushman who were following the dogs. He had bayed up 3 times and run out away as we drove up. My PH told me as we followed that he wouldn’t run again so be ready to shoot when we get there. He said leopards will pick out a target for the charge and ignore others and that he would make eye contact with his target. As we drove up, the leopard looked right at me as my feet hit the ground. He immediately smacked a dog in front of him and came. We were about 9-10’ front from the edge of the blackthorn patch when he went airborne. Done and dusted less than 10 seconds after we arrived and he just happened to pick me for a target. On the previous hunt, the leopard ignored both hunter and PH, neither of whom had a shot, jumped in the back of the truck, and mauled a dog handler before they had an open shot and killed him. In the Kalahari where trees are not numerous, leopard bay up in thorn patches on the ground and a charge is damn near a sure bet.

Exciting stuff! Congrats