As you guys can probably see from my other posts on Botswana, even though the our June trip didn't pan out, it's looking like the Aug trip might be a go. The air lines allowed us to book tickets and RSA is allowing PAX to transit J'berg and Botswana is slowly waking up and might open its boarders by 1 July if things stay on track.

Looking farther ahead into the future, 2021, I'm hoping to do at least one small group trip to my friend's place in Namibia and at least one to my friend's place in Botswana. Dates and who's going is still TBD but, here is the general plan.

Namibia - Later in the year is better because the water from the rainy season will be pretty much dried up in the mountains and the game will have to make trips to the permanent water holes to drink. Group size will be myself and up to four others. Their accommodations are three private rooms and baths that are normally set up with a queen size bed in each or can be set up with two twin beds in each. So, if you don't want to share a room, then the group would be 2x plus me or 3x if you don't need me to go. It will be a "closed camp" with just this group on the property for the entire time. Also willing to do a couple of groups or anyone is more than welcome to set up their own trips.

Botswana - Because the area is in the Tuli block and along the Limpopo river, pretty much anytime during the hunting season is fine. Even though they can accommodate more, I want to limit the group to a max of 4-5 plus myself. Larger groups than that tend to be like trying to herd cats. At that group size, we'll also have private rooms and baths set up with queen size beds. More people than this again means sharing rooms with twin beds. These will also be "closed camps" just for our group for the entire time and again, I'd be willing to put together more than one group or anyone is more than welcome to set up their own trips.

Whether I go or not is entirely up to the group. Either way, in one of the groups or on your own, I'll help sort out your airline tickets, lodging (if needed) along the way, make sure you've got your paperwork together and help get your temp firearm import permits in place. As always, IF I go, I pay my own way.

I've already confirmed with both of my friends that the prices for 2021 will be the same as they were for this year.

Know it's early for thinking about next year, but I also know that a lot of guys had plans for this year that didn't work out. Most hunters and Outfitters/PH's are just rolling deposits to 2021 and still waiting to sort out booking dates based on the final outcome of the WuFlu.

If I get a few people interested, the first ones "in" will kind of drive the dates. For PG hunts, the best time is over the full dark of the moon. Best months in general are from late May to end of Sep very early Oct. Earlier or later than that the daytime temps just got too hot.

As always, feel free to PH for greater details.