I have that same chart on the wall down in the shop where I butcher.

I hunt mostly cows now days and when done processing I always weighed meat which is deboned. All pretty much average 160 as shown.
I have noticed that elk that come out of Alberta etc are usually bigger bodied. I have two 5 x 6's mounted here on my wall.Both were in the same age class. One came from NW Colorado and one from up near Baniff in Alberta. Both are full shoulder mounts and the one from Alberta has bigger head and and from withers to brisket it is much deeper. I'd say by about 6"

In 2018 I killed a big 6x bull north of Gunnison CO. I was 75 and it was a solo hunt. It took me about 15 minutes after first light to kill it and 5 hours to get it into bags. I'd say it was in the 500# class as the charts shows, but it weighed close to 1500 by the time I got it packed out to camp 6 miles. A younger fellow and his son lifted hinds off the sawbuck because I couldn't. I think that was the last bulI will ever shoot. In 2019. I killed a nice 18 moth old cow and it was just about right.

Last edited by saddlesore; 05/23/20.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles