I got the scope as part of a trade for a ten inch 22 rimfire Contender pistol barrel. Seemed to work ok but I put a different scope on that barrel and this one has sat in a tote box for long time. I decided I wanted to see if I like the scout scope idea and a little research showed me that a contender base will fit in the holes in front of the receiver of a Rossi 92 copy I have in 45LC. The base needs a bit of shimming in the front because the 92's barrel tapers in the front a bit. So I got it together and sighted in and truthfully a thicker reticle would be nice but I am easily able to get three inch groups at 100 yards using a variety of reloads. It is easy to get on target and is light enough that it doesn't hurt the handling characteristics of the 16" barreled carbine. My stepson borrowed it the other day to do some hog trap running and apparently to shoot up a box of my reloads. He typically shoots the ones too small to sell and loads the bigger ones into a trailor cage. Well he left the rifle on top of the trailor cage and it fell off at around 25 miles an hour onto one of the ranches semi gravel roads. Skun my gun up real nice! The scope too. Not that it's loss would have been an issue. Took him an hour to find it and now he being horrified at the thought of giving it back to me all skun up he went to town and got a 12 pack, went back to the ranch with his partner in crime and proceeded to shoot up all the ammo I had loaded for the rifle. 13.0 grains of Blue Dot under personally cast 270 gr. Semiwadcutters. The beer and the rifle/scope performed perfectly and stayed sighted in. He decided to buy the gun off of me for what I paid for it and I threw in the scope for free. So the cheap scope held up above and beyond the call of duty and now I am free to buy myself something else. Going to look for another 45 LC but with a 20 inch barrel. As for the scout scope concept I shot it a lot better than with irons but definitely want a thicker reticle and maybe a Vortex or a leapers LER scope on it and no I am not loaning it to Billy!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]