Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
If you live in an area with lots of hills, one of these seems like it would be cool to have. I believe you can adjust the assist level so you could set it up to give you just enough help to get up hills that may be brutal or force you off the bike otherwise, and just use leg power on flats and down hill. May allow a person to get to destinations on their bike they may otherwise never get to experience. Just have to resist the temptation to use it as a scooter so you still get exercise grin

I'm 52 and fairly new to cycling but I have discovered that with a good mountain bike of low enough gearing,I can climb any hill. The real limitation is getting to be a good enough cyclist When you can balance at extremely low speeds and get built up on the bike,hills aren't so much of a problem anymore. I can ride up a hill while talking to my wife as she walks hers at an exhausted slow walk. She hasn't been riding as long or nearly as much as me.

At my age and fitness level I wouldn't want an E-bike,but I can see where one would be nice in some situations. I would just lean toward the assisted ones and the lightest ones possible. I've seen some of the MTB ones that were very light and the guys were riding then unassisted as much as assisted.That's the direction i would go unless I just couldn't peddle at all,and in such a case one might not really have the balance to be on a 2 wheeled bike at all.Just keep on going man,as much as you can,whatever it takes. there's some radical recumbent bikes out there too.