Saw the thread and it prompted me to did through some old stuff!

Back when I lived in Kansas in the mid-90's, I responded to an ad in the newspaper for some rifles and fishing gear and met a real neat older gentleman who was selling some older things that his kids were not interested in. He was an engineer working in the Kansas City area in the WWII era and had a pretty good job for the time. He loved target shooting and fishing and had kept many of his old "treasures" for years afterwards. I ended up buying an old, original Remington 513-T from him as well as his old fly tying kit, complete w/ wood box and supplies including vise and old feathers still in their original packaging. I also bought his handmade wood fishing box, several old baitcasting reels, and his collection of home-made wood lures that he had made and painted himself. Just as neat were all of the old supplies that he still had including old glass eyes, metal spinners for the lures, hooks, and old wood spooled colorful thead for rod wrapping, etc. Finally, he also had all of the original order forms and invoices from the ?Wilmarth Tackle Company, IIRC, where he puchased it from in the early 30's. I'll have to post a pic of some of that stuff next time I pull it out!

To get to the end of my story, after I had paid him the ~200 bucks he wanted for all of it, he informed me that there was a little bit of ammo for the .22 that I should just go ahead and take...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He gave me one box of the Winchester 22 C.B. caps, two boxes of the B.B. caps, and an intact full brick of the B.B. caps. I've done a little bit of research and it looks like they were made in 1945 or 1946 right after the War. I've shot a few of the B.B. caps. They are definitely "minute of squirrel" at 25-30 yards and make very little noise from my old Remington 513-S! I have never opened or messed with the full brick of B.B.s... figured a collector might be interested in those someday. Pictured is a Super Colibri for comparison. The Winchester B.B. cap sure looks more like a conical design to me. Fun stuff.