Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
4X6 posts????????? How big are these chickens, anyway? Maybe they've got a little gorilla in their DNA somewhere?
Jerry

BIG....especially my COCK. My COCK is simply tremendous, I mean really,really large. Those who have seen it say it may be the biggest ever. Simply an incredible COCK, in all regards. Just fantastic.

Lol ok now that I've channeled my inner 'Flave and got that out of my system, we can carry on.
There is more to this than I initially stated, because I didn't expect that I'd get more than an answer or two stating yes or no. These corner posts really aren't a structural part of the run, although they are contained within it. The run is built on a 4x6 floating base, these posts are at the far corners and one right in the center. The barn itself serves as the back wall to the run. This barn is old, and as is common out here the wind has pushed it slightly to one side. You wouldn't notice except to look at the windows, but its definitely a bit off.

My plan is to set these posts in place and use them as anchors to a trio of brace posts I will put in place. This, I hope, will prevent the barn from leaning any more over time. The braces will go from the top of the barn wall just below the roof line down to the ground, against the posts being discussed here. I'd post some pics if I could but none of the hosting services seem to work for me.