Originally Posted by bluefish
Great info. I'll keep.working.on it and will look for an NRA certified instructor.

So, we're looking at two questions:

1. How well does the gun shoot?
2. How well do you shoot?

Answer those questions in order. Find out how well the gun shoots first. If you are new to handgun shooting, have a proficient shooter shoot your gun. Somebody you trust when they say, "I can shoot your gun at 7 yards, and wherever the bullets go, that's where your gun shoots." At 21 feet, from a rest, 5 shots should be touching or at least darn close. The answer to this question might shed a lot of light on the answer to question #2.

As for instruction, look further than simply NRA credentials. NRA instructor credentials are basically sold, not earned. (I know, because years ago I bought some). If you have the money for the class and can hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle, you'll pass and be ordained as a NRA Certified Pistol Instructor. I am not criticizing such credentials, but they only cover the most basic principles of safe gun handling a marksmanship. Such credentials do NOT qualify the person to diagnose and remedy flaws in technique. I am certainly NOT saying that all NRA instructors are incompetent; I am saying that if your NRA instructor is awesome, it wasn't the NRA instructor class that made him that way.

I do wish you all the best! (And, hey, if your gun truly is shooting low, that's an easier fix than if it's shooting high. So at least you've got that going for you!)

Wade

"Let's Roll!" - Todd Beamer 9/11/01.