Originally Posted by iddave
There are a LOT of stupid people from outside of Idaho commenting on happenings in Idaho. What you see in those videos isn't a "show". That's how a LOT of people from Idaho are wired to handle things.

It's a state grounded in self-reliance and free thinking. Sure there are exceptions to that, but if you draw 100 random names out of a hat in Idaho, about 75 of them are probably going to be gun owners and registered republicans.

I live in the suburbs of Boise, and even on my street of mostly white-collar families, there are at least 6 houses of current/former military personnel and twice that number of vehicles with Trump and/or NRA stickers. I'm more worried about space aliens abducting me than I am some dipchit, Antifa member doing harm to any of my loves ones in this state.

As far as the assertion that people won't do anything because of fear of being jailed....that isn't happening in Idaho unless you do something REALLY blatant and stupid. Our prosecutors are elected officials in Idaho and we are one of the most conservative states in the country with a very right-leaning "stand your ground" law to protect it's citizens.

You will NOT see the sort of foolishness happening in Idaho that has played out across the rest of the country. If you think otherwise, then you're grossly misinformed about the state and it's people.

Dave

Very well said Dave! And spot on for my part of the Idaho too.

Like you said, many people here are "wired" to be self-sufficient and won't stand by and watch some riot group try hurting their family, friends, neighbors, or destroy a business just because. If rioters like antifa want to start a problem here, they better make a quick hit and get the hell outta town because the locals are very likely to take care of the problem quickly.