Originally Posted by joken2

Originally Posted by hatari
Oh my! Protesters arrive in downtown Hatari Township!

On the way home I drove though our downtown and there are about 30 protesters milling around with signs. These were homemade signs. Protesters were kid (18-28), large AA females and whimpy White males and females and few Bros. "Silence is not golden - Honk if you support justice" "Black Lives Matter" were most of the signs. Peaceful bunch. They looked like kids all excited to "make a difference in this world". We shall see what happens after dark.

Seems to me if they sincerely really do what to "make a difference in this world" they should go into hands-on law enforcement where they could 'walk the walk' instead of simply 'talking the talk'. I pointed this out to some young ones recently but their response was just a sheepish deer-in-the-headlights expression and silence.

My take is a whole lot of them probably show up just so they can say "I was there", 'creds' among their peers and tell exaggerated 'war stories' later.

Oh, they don't want to work too hard at it or make a real commitment. They just get all fired up and this makes them feel good, that they are "in the thick of things" so to speak. They w=all want the option to go home when they tire of the "struggle".

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo