Originally Posted by Travis13
My little Nissan has 180,000, replaced 2 timing chains, done all maintenance. I live in Tennessee, it was built in Tennessee and has never left the state. Oh and it has a “Don’t Tread on Me” license plate, and a Glock decal, which easily adds 20HP.

My 1997 Nissan got to 185000 miles before a little old lady from East Texas decided I didn't need it anymore and drove into my front fender, totaling my 14 year old but pristine little Nissan truck. Sad day. I had kept up with all maintenance. And that inline 4 and 5 speed manual we're nearly trouble free. The evaporator got leaves in at once and a sledgehammer mechanic busted the fitting for the upper radiator tank and I had to replace the radiator myself for the princely sum of 100usd.

As for a 5000 to 7000 load, i woild still auggest a 3/4 ton gasser. I think ford offers a v8 without vvt and stop start crp. I just think that you get so much more capability and safety with 3/4 ton vs 1/2 ton.

And i woild not drag a 5000 lb trailer with a i4 nissan anywhere but a short flat easy distance.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers