Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by copperking81
I'm making an assumption that the police, particularly the rank and file cops, are appalled by how they're being treated in this country and have to be livid. Seems like now would be the perfect time for them to get organized and respond in kind. The most obvious way would be a nation wide strike for.... however long it takes to turn attitudes. You want to defund law enforcement??? Fine, get a taste. No protection for anyone.

So why aren't they organizing? I don't even hear any real talk about it, let alone action. I'm sure many can't afford a week or more without pay but they can't afford this treatment either.

Imagine yourself in charge, how would you organize? Put yourself in Minneapolis. There are 800 officers on the Minneapolis police force. What would your priorities be? What would your greatest concern be? How would you "organize?"

I don't know. And I'm really not trying to be a smart azz here but if the reason they don't is that "it's hard to do", that doesn't seem very satisfying.