Original cyanoacrylates were sold by Kodak to Locite. Later formulations have molecular additions that reduce their toxicity.(butyl and octyl) are derivatives used in the ones sold for medical closure. All are rapidly polymerized by moisture in long chain polymers. adhesive is superior in time required to close wounds, and infection prevention. (not including topical antibiotics).

Large areas can cause chemical burns. Sensitization to fumes can occur resulting in flu symptoms, and extreme cases asthma. the octyl derivative is preferred.

Analogs are used on a regular basis in dental work

Biggest downside is shelf life which is short, year at most

good advice
Originally Posted by High_Noon
I use Super Glue frequently to seal splits in my fingertips. I've used it on larger cuts as well. Before using, make sure the wound is clean - you might want to put some Tincture of iodine on the wound as well, which will not interfere with the glue's ability to seal the wound, like an antiseptic ointment will. Then, pinch both sides together and apply the Super Glue - hold the wound together until dry. Do not introduce Super Glue into the body, which could cause problems and even poisoning. My kit also contains sutures, butterfly bandages, clotting agent/bandages and a fifth of Scotch. Don't forget the Scotch.

Last edited by Etoh; 06/13/20.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old