Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter

I have to disagree with you!

1 hunt was last year two other hunts 4 and 7 years ago. Horrible to almost inedible food. Broke equipment on a daily basis. One place was so over hunted.

There are some good outfits there but I wouldn't call them the norm. As far as comparing with Western hunts even the best I have heard of were not on par with the better outfitters in America. I have nothing to sell. And have to take guys I actually know, words over someone selling hunts. Even you said do your Homework!!!!!!!

I agree with you completely on the food issues but then, it is something that does not worry me much, and as long people who choose to go know about it before I have not found it a problem either. For the price difference between a moose hunt in Chukotka and one with your outfitters in Alaska, Yukon or the NWT, both for exactly the same moose, you can spend a weekend in George V hotel in Paris, dine at Le Taillevent and make it up to you for the poor food in camp.

Or you can shoot two Snow Sheep and a Brown Bear for the silly price a non resident pays for a guided Stone Sheep hunt.

On the rest I have to disagree with you, but just because my experience has been quite different to yours.

And yes, of course that everybody has to do their homework when booking a hunt, EVEN ME (?) says it, as is the case with any purchase that you make. And you can either do all the homework yourself, which can also be great fun, or rely on someone's experience to do it for you. It is just that not everybody has the time and dedication, or even the wish, to do it.

The good thing is that neither you nor I live in the Popular Republic of China and we both have the choice to do what we think is better.

And, of course, you have never heard any horror stories about US or Canadian outfitters, haven't you?

Last edited by chamois; 06/19/20. Reason: spelling