Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
... But two Snow sheep isn't helping out the guy trying to fill his Grand Slam or NA 29.

I think we agree far more than we disagree, Montana Creek Hunter.

In any case let me point out two things about you last affirmation.

First, I am more an experience collector than a trophy collector and when a hunt, for whatever reason, happens to touch me deeply I tend more to repeat it than to tick out the species in my list and move on to another one. Also, another reason for me to repeat hunts/species is that, price factor being an issue, and having done most of the mountain hunts in the world I can afford, I would rather carry on going on four or five mountain hunts per year than go hunt an Alberta Big Horn, for example and stay at home the rest of the year. For that reason, I have hunted six times the Caucasus Mts., or five times the Tien Shans, or twice the Himalayas, or...

And for the same reason I carry on hunting Alpine and Pyrenean Chamois, of which I have killed more than fifty so far, than to pay the stupid prices paid for its Charteusse or Anatolian subspecies or, for the made up in someone's magination Vercours Chamois.

It is just two diferent approaches to the same, noble sport, of hunting. Fully compatible and fully respectable with each other.

And second, depending on whose criteria you use, there are from six to three different subspecies of Snow Sheep. For those who follow the most loosely stablished trophy lists: Chukotka, Koryak, Kamchatka, Yakutia, Okhotsk and Kolyma. And yes, you can shoot two different subspecies of Snow Sheepand a brown bear for the price of a Stone Sheep. It may not help anybody's Grand Slam or NA29 but traveling to such different places and cultures, and hunting with such different people I think contributes to a more complete hunter and person. IT can also help him fullfill his World Capra Spectrum. :-)

Best regards from Spain,

Alvaro