Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar
Originally Posted by Swifty52
He can still get a Master Angler award. But I bet when you show them the picture it will not be a Goldeye. Probably a hybrid.

Swifty, I thought of the Master Angler award right away, but since he's not 16 y/o he isn't eligible for one. What kind of hybrid are you thinking of?

jaguartx, I call them chubs or just minnows. There is a small lake just off the river that a creek feeds into. Right off the road is a shallow pool which is usually full of minnows of all kinds. We bait a minnow trap with bread balls and toss it in there and let it set for about an hour and usually get 10-12 nice size minnows. The ones I like are shorter and stockier than some but they are hardy and seem to work. The little sliver ones are flashy but the small channel cats grab them and swallow them whole so I have to replace the whole leader assembly. Even circle hooks don't help. He even caught a carp and I caught a walleye using the silver minnows?

You are misreading the rule book. The only age restriction is 16 or older have to have a fishing license, under 16 don’t but are still eligible.

MASTER ANGLER RULES
• A fish need not be harvested or verified by a Game and Parks employee to receive a Master Angler. • All fish must be taken from Nebraska waters.
• Ifafishiscaughtfromprivatewaters,avalidfishingpermitisrequiredtoreceivetheaward.
• Fish must be taken by hook-and-line, not bank lines or set lines.
• Fish must be legally hooked, played and landed by the applicant.
• The catch must be verified by a Game and Parks employee, a permit vendor, a witness, or a photograph.
Anglers 16 years of age or older must possess a valid Nebraska fishing permit and enter the permit number
on the application.

• Only fish immediately released are eligible for an award based on length. Any fish kept in a livewell or on a
stringer must meet the minimum weight requirement.
• Anglers may receive only one award based on weight per year for each species. Catch-and-release awards
are unlimited.
• Anglers who release a Master Angler fish will receive a Catch and Release Master Angler pin in addition to
the Master Angler certificate.

Swifty