Funny a few days ago my buddy and I were talking on the phone. And the topic of releases came up. He is a tournament archer and does a little hunting. Anyways somehow we got on the topic of releases and what happened to finger shooting. I said to him the release became so popular because it disguised all ones flaws in the release. It made a bad shooter and ok shooter, a good shooter a excellent shooter, and an excellent shooter it brought to the top of the game. He said why do I think it disguised flaws? I said the same way a release trigger does or training wheels on a bike does. You are not correcting the problem you are side stepping it. It becomes an aid for your deficiencies.

Now I am not saying there is anything wrong with shooting a release, release triggers, or using training wheels. I am also not saying that it just magically makes you a better shooter. Please reread that line!!!!!! One still needs you perfect the execution of the release. You still need to be able to hold the bow steady and find the X in your sights at the exact moment.You still need to keep expanding on the draw and not collapse. But it is a mechanical advantage that makes your release even a bad one better! Hence why in the early 90's was the end of the finger shooter. A few of us have held out. Most that have held out have gone to the way of the stick bow. Today there is not a true finger bow made by any other Bow companies. It is essentially dead, which is a sad thing. But our society has gone the route of easy instant gratification. Fingers is a life long struggle

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.