Originally Posted by Alaskajim
Originally Posted by las
I heard yesterday there is consideration what to do with it - " probably a museum somewhere".

WTF- a scrap yard takes junk. Junk isn't worthy of emulation or a showcase. Cube it and send it to Japan. It can come back as an operational vehicle.

Not that there isn't already plenty of junk in museums, etc.

Ever notice how a centuries-old campfire ring is a "historical artifact", but you can get your rear in trouble for making a new one? Ironic, at best.

There is an old bus above the forks of Healy Creek, sort of across the way. Lynn Castle drove it up there for a hunting camp, I heard. I've stayed in it, sheep hunting. Comfy,(spring beds) but some butthole knocked the windows out. Nothing a little visqueen and duct tape won't fix for a short stay. BTDT.

You can glass for sheep and caribou right from the bus, and I have. A much nicer proposition from what I have heard (never been there) of the Bus to Nowhere,

I’ve been there too. I’ve shot several rams in the area and I arrowed a nice big ‘almost’ B&C ram a mile or so from there in 2004, I camped outside of that bus a couple nights. I stash a bunch food in there and haul a camp around there hunting for a couple days at a time. Russel Annabel used to hunt there, he wrote about his hunts there. I’ve found some old camps up on the sides of the mountains, wondered if any were his. I was told that bus was dragged in behind a dozer while thy made that old trail in the mid 50’s. There’s a carcass of and old bulldozer over the pass in the Wood River area, could be the one that dragged the bus in maybe. When I first saw that bus in the mid 80s, there was a chain hooked up under it, like it had been dragged.

Any more info on the move in? When they made the trail? Sorry, don't know the area. Did they drag it across the river? (Down South here, lol).

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?