I watched the movie again last night and still have some questions for you hard core fans.

Early in the movie, Ramius meets with the Soviet political officer. Ramius asks "how many KGB agents are aboard". P.O. tells him "I'd be the last to know". Is that foreshadowing?

Next Ramius stages the PO's death, and has the ships doctor and a cook witness him taking the nuke key from the PO.

Ramius obviously has a plan to stage a "nuclear accident" to evacuate the crew.

I am still unsure which events were planned by Ramius and defecting officers and what the cook does.

- Is the cook a KGB agent put aboard? Is he just a nobody worried Ramius will attack the US?

- The first meltdown of the caterpillar drive. Was that staged by Ramius or sabotage?

- Radiation "accident" Ramius and Officers, or saboteur?

- Cook seemed to be very handy with a pistol at the end and somehow knew how to "hot-wire" the missiles. KGB?

Your take?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo