I developed vitiligo about thirteen years ago.I spent most of my life working outdoors in the sun around the water with reflective sun rays.I used to tan well and didn't mind the sun,but I also received a lot of bad sunburns when I was younger.When I developed the vitiligo,I noticed I didn't tan anymore like I once did.The areas that turned white,would just turn pink with sun exposure and even whiter later.What I found too was sunscreen isn't that great in protecting your skin if you have vitiligo.If you do use it,I found the sunscreen for babies was the best.I quit using sunscreen,I now just cover if I'm going to be in the sun for extended periods of time.Wide brim hat,long sleeves,fingerless fishing gloves and one of the tube face covers.The less sun exposure the white areas get,the darker they remain.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............