Save your breath, he’s an idiot.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Mauser 98

The only rifle I ever owned that let me down in the field was a Mauser '98. The trigger was adjusted to a point where it ceased cocking so my fallow hunt was interrupted.
The rifle was made by John Rigby and Son and chambered in .275 Rigby.

Should have taken taken the Model 70 Featherweight with me..........Push feed of course.

I'll be darned!

Yeah, blame it on the rifle because someone didnt know how to adjust a trigger. Thats laughable. When i was 12, i got my first big game rifle (sporterized m1917 with a heavy barrel and timney trigger) and even at an early age, i found out you dont want a hunting rifle with such a light trigger. Mine was so light/improperly adjusted, that it went off a couple times after i took the safety off. At 12 years old, i adjusted my first Timney, the rest was history. You would think a guy would be pretty damned prepared, going on a special hunt. Maybe not though?

What do you consider a "light" trigger? My main hunting rifle has a 2lb trigger, and I am seriously thinking about getting it even lighter.

Secondly, Aussie's often hunt fallows like American's hunt whitetails....it often isn't a "special" hunt for them.

Third....accidental discharge when the safety was clicked off.....nevermind.