Originally Posted by RemModel8
A couple of these wouldn't suck either.

[Linked Image from dickeybub.net]

I was hired to build a deck in a rough neighborhood in Atlanta. The house next door was abandoned. And down in that yard was a big oak tree. I figured I would help clean up the neighborhood by taking home several truck loads of firewood.
I would go over there at lunch and saw up a pickup load of oak.
I was sawing away one day, and this black kid about 30 shows up. I switched off the Stihl chain saw. I was holding the saw in my hands.
And he said "Hey man, I will load the truck for you for $20."

It was a Nissan Frontier, six foot bed, and it was already half loaded. If I were to hire someone, and the truck was empty, it would be a $10 job, tops.
I told him "No thanks I have it covered." Trying to be friendly.
And he said "I will load it for ten bucks." Again I said that was fine but I had it taken care of.

And then he said, "Give me ten bucks."
It was a damn shake down. I don't know if he was so stupid, he didn't know what a chain saw was, or he figured I was a White sissy.
Also, I didn't know if he had a weapon in his back pocket. If he pulled a knife I would have given them something to talk about at Grady Hospital, double hand amputation by a Stihl Farm Boss, I bet they don't see that too often.

I didn't want to make him mad, because if he didn't have a gun he could damn sure have gone home and gotten one and come back real quick. I didn't want him to go away mad I just wanted him to go away.
Once again I told him "No deal" and he shrugged and walked off.