It's been a few years since I've have a rifle "assembled". Wanted some public opinion and guidance, as I am generally in the Know on most things/parts, however with the recent fame of PRS/NRL type events and everyone getting into the custom rifle game in the last 4-5 years, there are so many small guy parts being made I can't keep track of them.

Being a Lefty I was able to capitalize on the LRI Left handed Blueprint run and snagged a worked over LH Remington 700 LA Mag bolt face. I intend to have a 338 built off this action. Action has no trigger or bottom metal. In my other builds it was generally off a full barreled action and throw most parts away, not starting from scratch.

My biggest concern is over bottom metal and magazines. With 338 Win Mag, I don't THINK I need anything extreme like a Wyatt's but I am not certain. I did have one Wyatt's Magnum box installed on an action I no longer have on a RUM conversion many years ago. Had the middle screw area milled out. Not sure that's a requirement/necessity with this build? I don't forsee any need for M5 type bottom metal. No DBM that I can envision. Missing anything here?

I've had several rifles that just never seem to feed correctly. I would like to get this correct from Jump. I live and hunt in Grizzly country and this rifle is being built for african plains game in hopefully 2021. I would like it to feed reliably.

Recoil lug. Think standard is .187"???? Is there any reason or need to go larger? I've had rifles rebarreled and left with ALL SORTS of shank left on them. Have a 223 AI that drives me nuts with what I swear is 4" of full diameter shank forward of the recoil lug. I have left this box unchecked in most cases and allowed the Smith to "do what is normal" and been bitten more than once. Is there a standard request or dimension?

This comes up when ordering a stock as well. I will be ordering a McMillan of some flavor this week. I'm quite set on a Bartlein 3 or 3B for this build. But I think I will need some clue on shank length for my stock order? Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Lefty triggers are not impossible to find. I generally throw a wide shoe Timney in most of my rifles. Missing anything here? More robust or reliable models avail in Left Hand??

Please God, give me some good tags this year....