Some time in the early 90's I bought a Mod. 70 "Classic Stainless" and sent it and Ted Blackburn's one piece drop belly magazine to Mark Bansner's and had his shop put one of their wonderful synthetic stocks on it in Confederate Grey. Put some NECG iron sights on it and slicked the action up and had the smith weld the pressed on bolt collar sleeve to the bolt. I cut the barrel from 26 to 23 inches and replaced the follower and extractor with spring steel ones. The crisp trigger is a bit over 2.75 lbs.

Originally I was going to put a Krieger barrel on it, but decided to put some rounds through it to see how it shot. I am so glad I did not replace that superb factory barrel. It shoots Barnes 225 and 250 grain bullets very well. TSX or TTSX, etc. and it has never met a Barnes X it does not like and has had no other bullet down its bore.

The scope is a Knightforce 3-10x42 SHV with a black leather Montana rifle sling. It is my idea of what an Alaskan .338 Win. mag. should be like and has been my main "go to" rifle since the early 90's. It will be passed on when I leave this earth.

My advice is to go slow and make it how you want it, we all have our idea of how a rife should be put together.