I remember a few years back I had a chance to go on an elk hunt before my finances fell through that year. One reason my finances fell through was that everybody on the forum I was on was telling me I would need a 7 mag minimum. So I went and ended up buying both a 7 Remington Mag and a .300 WBY (long story about the two but really stupid of me for falling for all the magnum hype, I knew better). Then I come on here and for the last year I've read 50 people or more tell me they elk hunt with a .270 or 06 and even .308 and you just need a good bullet and have the skill to place the shot where it needs to be, both common sense and something someone who's hunted as much as me should know. WOW! What common sense is this? Anyway, after almost a year here I feel very confident in either my .270 or one of my .30-06s for elk. What can I say? If you've never been there-done that, you're at other people's mercy and really don't know what to believe if you're not comfortable with your knowledge.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/07/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!