Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by Swifty52
ok, here y’all go, exact location looking west. Teens were traveling east, smacked a guard rail and flipped into the creek bed. Parents looking for a financial out as there was probably a clause in the insurance policy about payout if driver was drinking due to Nebraska’s zero tolerance law for teen drivers.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I wasn’t a guardrail inspector, but looks to me like that guardrail was probably up to standards. I’d just bet they were already in a WOS coming out of that curve and the guardrail was secondary issue when struck. And there wasn’t anyway it was gonna keep em out of the ditch.

But I did do speed zone surveys for 12 years. And if thats just a section of typical rural roadway, I see no real reason why it shouldn’t be a 55 MPH zone as that intermediate SL sign indicates. I’d even go as far to bet that the 85th percentile speed (if it was surveyed) is probably around 62-64 MPH!

This past Sunday afternoon I drove across Plattview Road from NE Highway 31 in the west to NE Highway 50 in the east and back again. When I was on my way back to the west, a couple of what appeared to be generic teenage boys passed me just east of the accident site at what I would estimate to be between 65 and 75 MPH, IOW significantly faster than I was traveling at around 58 MPH, I watched as they passed through that stretch of road without any issues and without slowing down, assuming that their brake light worked.

I find it interesting that the survivor has been photo-shopped out of the pictures that the parents of the dead girls are posting and have had laminated for display at the crash site memorial that has been erected.

I think that the parents want to fix blame onto anyone other than their exceptional daughters and they want to profit from it if they can.