Boomer, yeh, I get a little testy sometimes and I know how you /we Montanan's are. Really, I just want one of the guys on this forum to buy the Beartooth so I can keep hunting there. Before Williams bought the place, I hunted and fished there since about 72. The Elk moved in not too many years ago and of course they are everywhere now.
Williams does let his employees shoot a cow every year but the big bulls are safe except for getting whacked on the highway.
The best part about a bigger ranch that allows no hunting is the animals don't understand fences and property lines and things like rut etc is in all hunters favor. Also there are several places that border the ranch that are State land and accessible. Two years ago people were stopping on the highway to Absarokee watching a big bull herding his harem round. A young archer had been watching and noticed that if the elk ever went into and adjacent fishing access he might get lucky. One day he drove down the road into the access and saw the horns in the tall grass, called Fish and Game, asked what the law was to save his butt, and he ended up getting a bull of a lifetime.
I do have a lot of other pictures of the ranch etc. I may post.
Now, you can go back to whatever you you were doing.