Originally Posted by shaman
I'll try and answer these the best I can.

1) I bedded the action. There were two metal blocks that Boyd's said required bedding. It is through them the two action screws are inserted, one to either end of the magazine well. I hogged out another few inches of stock-- about 2 inches of barrel and bedded that as well. It's free ($1 bill or more) from there on out.

2) There was only one shot that I know I jerked. That was on the first target/first load, it went left of center. The big problem was the heat mirage. That made the bullseye dance every which-way.

3) The target is printed on 8.5X11. Those are 1/2 inch circles (give or take)

4) The concentricity of the loads was good .001 to .002. I used the Lee neck die on the brass.

5) No, I do not have any match ammo handy, but I do have some ammo that shot considerably better from a few weeks ago. It was loaded on the Hornady LNL AP with BL-C(2).

6) The rear rest is as comfortable as any. I'm rather tall. The big problem is the 100 yard target stand is downhill from the bench.

7) There was some binding on the action when I screwed everything together after bedding. However, I loosened the screws a half-turn, and everything was fine.

Your bedding is the major culprit. You just verified it in your last sentence. The next thing is remove the epoxy from under the barrel and make sure it is generously freefloated. Then, that front bag is not doing you any favors where it is located. You should never rest the forend tip on any surface and expect great accuracy. Move that front bag back closer to the front action screw.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA