Add me to the bedding issue list. A little talcum powder works well for the front rest. I have driven myself crazy from shooting off a shaky bench or bags. One time I was ready to throw in the towel in or my rifle down the range thinking how can I adjust the scope the bullet holes are not even touching. I pulled in the target and my sh*ty group was about a half inch so I called it done.

You can also put something on the barrel like Prussian blue or lipstick, I like graphite powder as it is a little less messy. But after a range session it will mark any contact points in the barrel channel that need attention. You could also try a shim under the barrel in front of the action to see if that makes a difference.

But first I would scrape or sand out the action bedding and re-bed and use the screws to just position the action and use a bungee or surgical tubing to put pressure on the scrim bedding, not too tight just firm. Blind action screws make this easier to do. I would probably also relieve the barrel channel a bit more mostly at the bottom rather than the edges. A laminate stock is typically stiffer than most glass fiber stocks and can stand to be neutral bedded so that is another option. It wouldn't hurt to try a temporary pressure point as well before final bedding.

Then there is always the tomato stake option, I never seem to have enough tomato stakes around.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli