My wife has a 2017 Ram ecodiesel 1500. A lot of warranty and recall work has been done so far and we baby that truck...I've only pulled a trailer with it once. It has around 30,000 miles on it...The EGR cooler was leaking coolant into the engine and had to be replaced, the air conditioner motor stopped working and had to be replaced. The light fixture in the backseat had to be completely replaced. The battery had to be replaced after a year..The jack handle bent and had to be replaced. The resell value has tanked to 9,000 dollars less than we owe due to all the reports of these trucks turning into a fire bomb on the highway due to EGR cooler leaks...And, we got an awesome deal on this truck compared to what I heard other people paid for them new...FCA hosed a lot of people who bought these trucks with the resell value they are at now.

The 2020 is supposed to be total redesign of the emissions system and engine I think. If you get one, all I can say is get an extended warranty from Chrysler Warranty Direct...They are half the price as a dealership warranty and same extended warranty the dealer will offer...The emissions equipment and sensors can get really expensive to replace after the bumper to bumper warranty is out..

Another thing, these trucks are not grocery getters. The diesel trucks that last with the new emissions systems are the ones that are used for long commutes regularly. They gotta get warmed up good at highway speeds to burn all the soot out of them. A lot of people get stage 1 tunes on the ecodiesels to turn the EGR system off so its not blowing soot back into the engine. Some of those with the EGR turned off get 200 to 300,000 miles on them. The stage 1 tune is illegal and becoming harder to get in the USA and may void your warranty and may not pass emissions in your state...Lot of things to think over before buying a diesel nowadays with the EPA trying their best to regulate them until they are gone.

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 07/16/20.