Originally Posted by JGRaider
FWIW, I have owned numerous and various Chevy, Ford, andToyota 1/2T pickups over the past 20 years along with a couple of Dodge Ram's thrown in the mix, most all of them 4x4. The Dodge Ram Ecodiesel I drove today is the quietest, and nicest ride of any truck I've ever driven. The ride in my GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 Crew is fantastic, but the Ram is better, and the interior is of higher quality. This one had a 3.21 rear end, and cruising down the Interstate at 70mp[ showed 30.1 mpg. Pretty flat ground obviously. Color me very surprised.

They are a very nice riding truck...We've taken many long trips in my wife's ecodiesel, and they get phenomenal mpg's on the highway for a full size truck, if you don't have a lead foot...I want to get a stage 1 tune on ours to turn off the EGR emissions crap on the truck and get even better mpg's and better performance, but I'm too chicken [bleep] thinking it will void the warranty...Some dealerships you can get away with the tune and some you can't, and it cost 15,000 dollars plus to replace the engines in these trucks....Nothing is even close to being cheap to repair on them when they break down...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 07/18/20.