Well darn it. I have a substantial sum invested in a Mirkoru Win. Mod. 71 that is being made into a .348 Ackley Improved and planned on using that 200 grain Hornady for fire forming a couple hundred pieces of Starline .348 brass. I wonder if Hornady is going to drop their .348 brass? I also invested in what should be a life time supply of 250 grain bonded bullets from Alaska Bullet Works.

I wish Nosler would make a 250 grain Partition for the .348. But, if I was hunting some place besides Alaska I probably would not be using 250 grain bullets, or the .348, instead I would use the much lighter Big Bore in .356 Win. and some 180 or 200 grain bullets. Isn't the Flex Tip bullet popular in the states?

If I ever quit the summer projects we are doing during this virus scare I will attempt to size down the 220 grain Speer FN to .348. Got a sizing die and some bullets, just need to do it. Didn't North and 50-110 run some comparisons on sized and regular 180 grain Speer's in their .348's. I think I saw it on You Tube and an't find it now.

Finding a good load and then having the maker drop the bullet is a royal pain. Which is why when I get the load I like I go and buy a bunch of the bullets and other components with the same lot number. But, I don't think all the moose I have taken at under 100 yards yards in the last 55 years appreciate all the effort I put into consistency. LOL

Worse case scenario I can always turn the .348 into a .35-348 Improved, which was my original thought, but I went the cheaper route, which ain't always cheaper!

Realistically, any thing I need to do with a lever gun can be done with my Marin 45-70 and the 350 or 405 grain Kodiak bullet. History has shown that old round will not die and components are every where!