Originally Posted by JBabcock
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by JBabcock
Just walked out with one for 375.00. With the Leupold 4x. This one is super clean but has the 2 piece trigger. 30-06.

Very nice and a great deal to boot. I put a Timney on mine. Great improvement. over the original.

I have another here that will get the same treatment.

Yep, if I decide to mess with this it will definitely get another trigger. Though this 2-piece affair breaks nice and clean. I had an original 98 trigger installed in one of mine. It worked pretty good. I also don’t like the original FN safeties. Love the way they work, but there noisy when you take them off. So I’ll eventually go to a Model 70 type safety.

And Okie John reminded me of the chrome barrels. All of mine have always shot very well. It will stay a 30-06.

Do a WTB for a take-off Mauser Mark X trigger, they are a 3 screw adjustable trigger and are a drop in. I have found them for $25 - $35 and they all adjusted to a nice crisp 2 lb pull, I never understood why folks replace them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.