I know the early reviews of the New Python...wern't always complimentary....and I have not kept up. That is the reason I clicked on this thread.

Back when cops were carrying wheel-guns, there were a number of pistol teams, with a lot of cops shooting Pythons. Several years ago, I bought a 6" from a cop friend, that owned a gun shop. He was a long time target shooter and has ,for many years now, shooting a number of semi-autos, including 1911's and various striker fired pistols.

I like the Smiths and own quite a few. In my limited , but long time, experience , I prefer the Pythons. The weight of the Python is more steady, accurate for me.

I think one thing overlooked is the second "hand" that locked up the cylinder as it was fired. I also know the "hand" accounted for Pythons to get out of time , quite easily rectified.

The Smiths were 1: 18 twist...the pythons stabilized slugs better with a 1: 14 twist. Another thing is the "gain" bbl. on the python. if the new Pythons have that , I have no idea.

I have shot my 6 " a lot and it is quite accurate . I wish I could do as well with the new pistols. I recently bought a new Sig P 365 and a S&W 2.0. Even though , not the same class as the Pythons or Smiths, for that matter I have a harder time with all the semis'. I have a couple 8" pyhons , haven't shot them much. One not at all.

I don't reckon I will be too interested in the new ones.

I also need a scope for my Camo Anaconda.

Just my experience.