Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
That sounds good. When we were growing up our mom would split a cantaloupe fresh from the garden, clean it out and drop a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center. Hand me and my brother a couple of spoons and we were good for a while under the ONLY big oak tree.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Salt on watermelon, pepper on cantaloupe.

Our church always had a 4th of July picnic - noon meal was potluck, activities in the afternoon, along with a concession stand. Watermelons and cantaloupes floating in a stock tank full of water with big chunks of ice floating in it as well. Bottles upon bottles of pop sitting in the tank as well. Huge, insulated canvas bags with vanilla ice cream in them that stayed hard all afternoon. Dad would always have a half cantaloupe with ice cream. Also had a men versus boys softball game. I played center field standing in Dave and Mabel's garden.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.