Great thread guys! Thanks for sharing some very useful information. I’ve owned dozens throughout the years and just couldn’t justify it at the time. I’ve always liked the rifle since, as a child in the ‘70’s, I grew up with it so to speak. A few years back I decided that I wanted a few AR’s, mostly for the practical applications that the AR platform was designed for but also because it holds a nostalgic place in my heart. I’ve been shooting 77 TMK’s from my 11.5” 1-7. I had read that the heavier bullets have a longer “dwell” thereby getting better velocity than the lighter bullets, all that notwithstanding the twist rate and stabilization requirements. I’ll be getting back surgery this fall and plan on using reloading as a way to stay busy and productive so I’ll actually test that theory during my recovery. In the meantime I just got my BCA upper in 7.62x39 and I’m blown away at the potential accuracy I’m seeing with Wolf HP and FMJ. I am having the usual light primer strikes on the Wolf FMJ but not with the Wolf HP. I had read that BCA uses the extended firing pin in their 7.62x39 BCG’s but it ain’t working. I emailed them yesterday and I’m waiting for their response. They processed and shipped my order in less than 24 hours and 6 days later it arrived. It was well put together with everything tight. I threw a cheap Truglo red dot and after 3 or 4 rounds I was shooting 3 shot triangular shaped groups that were right at or slightly under 1”. I’ll be putting a better optic on it but so far I’m extremely impressed by BCA. We’ll see how they advise me to proceed on the firing pin deal but that’s small potatoes compared to the quality, price and customer service....thus far.

I was so pleased with BCA that I ordered a 20” .308 upper from them two days ago and it shipped yesterday. They suddenly had the 7.62x39 upper in stock so I bought it. The next day they were sold out. When I saw they had the 20” .308 upper in stock I jumped on it. Later that day it showed they were sold out. They’re selling them as fast as they can produce them.

PS.....the 7.62x39 has the side charging handle like its arch nemesis the AK47 😁 and I’m pleased with my choice for that caliber. It’s the enemy’s cartridge, in an American designed and American built rifle that retains the side charging handle of its nemesis. I asked BCA what their bore diameter was and it’s .311 so that makes buying cases of cheap ammo a no brainer.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~