Here in Alaska I only hunt with a 30-06 and a .338 Winny, but I do carry a 45-70 often when out and about in the "off season" when hiking, camping, fishing, ATV riding, etc. For a long time I ran 250 grain bullets in the .338 and 200 or 180's in the 30-06 and Reloader 19 worked very well. Then a few years back I joined the 24 Hour Camp Fire. Now it is Hunter for the .338 and H4350 for the 30-06 and lighter weight Barnes TTSX bullets. I recently bought a can of WW StaBall, what the heck do I need that for?.

Don't even bring scopes up, what a confusing goat rope, used to be so simple, just zero scope and shoot critter.

I don't think the moose and caribou and occasional bear give a hoot. So RL19 or H4350 could easily do all I need doing, even with the 6.5 Creedmoor I picked up just to see what all the fuss is about. Oh ya, my Mod. 71 iWinny in .348 Ackley Improved might be done this week. Going o hunt moose and bear with a peep sighted lever gun this year. The 250 grain AWB bullet and a heavy charge of H4350. If I do my part.......