I've used IMR 4831 in 2 of your listed chamberings with better than satisfactory results. I have also seen it used in a 7-08. I don't have a 7-08 but have used it in its big brother, the 280 Remington. It's my go to powder there. However, some of that would depend on bullet weight used too. In my 06 I used it with both 180 and 200 grain bullets, in the 7 Mag with a 140-150 grain bullet and in my .280 I use it with complete satisfaction with a 150 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip.

However, if I had a 7-08 I'd be tempted to use some of the Reloader powders. I've had good luck with 17 in that size case and I see a couple other RL powders listed here. But I don't think I would limit any cartridge loading to one powder for simplicity sake or to save money. You can give up a lot of performance doing that. It's kinda like a compromise to me. That's why I started reloading so that I could make tailor made cartridges to get the most velocity with the best accuracy. Otherwise I would just buy a good factory cartridge and be happy.

Actually, everything I've ever killed with hand loads could have been killed equally well with both Winchester Power Points or Remington Core Lokts or a half dozen other factory loads just fine. But I get a crap load of satisfaction and a good bit more better accuracy on average with my hand loads. Also, if you are hand loading to save money, good luck with that. By the time you invest in the equipment you need to make decent rounds, you would have to shoot a lot of them to realize any real savings. Don't forget too that reloading components aren't cheap anymore if they've ever been.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/23/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!