Giraffe are no different than kudu, wildebeest, impala, buffalo, etc as far as being available on license by the safari operator. All wildlife listed on the game price list is for animals available to be hunted. The quota for each animal indicates there is a surplus of that particular animal. If a species is not on the list, then, obviously that animal can't be taken. In Zim, I've shot two giraffe that were dragging snares, and virtually were walking on three legs and were in poor condition. I've also shot half dozen giraffe for rations, and one old stink bull for a trophy. Occasionally, there will be some left-over animals that will be taken by the safari operator. As likely as not, these animals don't carry over to the next season, and have to be taken. Hence, ration shooting. As an aside: The two snared were brain shot with .30-06, and DRT. One shot with a .375H&H .300gr Trophy Bonded Bear Claw. Six with a .416 Taylor 400gr A-Frames. None moved more than twenty feet from where they were shot. If I were to return to Africa for another hunt, giraffe wouldn't be on my short list.